How You Can Help Project Healthy Grandparents
Addressing Critical Needs
- Emergency Fund – While PHG’s social workers work with grandparents to identify long-term solutions to financial challenges, program participants often require financial assistance with their short-term needs such as paying rent and utilities or buying food, medication, children’s clothing and school-related items. In 2002, an Emergency Fund was established to help grandparents meet these basic financial needs in times of crises.
– Your cash support is needed to help replenish this fund annually.
– Gift cards for food are also useful for program participants.
- Back-to-School Fund – Your support will assist grandparents as they equip their grandchildren with necessary school supplies.
Honoring Grandparents’ Dedication
- Sponsorship Opportunities – Each fall, Project Healthy Grandparents honors our program participants with a Grandparents Day Luncheon. The generosity of our event sponsors enables us to provide this special occasion free of charge.
Sharing Holiday Cheer
- Holiday Adoption Program – The Holiday Adoption Program is available to families who are current participants of Project Healthy Grandparents. Each year, PHG seeks to identify local businesses, civic groups and individuals in the community to “adopt” families by providing gifts and granting holiday wishes for grandparents and their grandchildren.
- Holiday Adoption Recognition
Please contact Kevette Woolfalk, at 404-413-1114, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in lending your support for these needs.
Project Healthy Grandparents is also eligible for company matching and designation through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaigns.